Is hearing loss affecting your life?
Maybe you have experienced a loss of hearing over the years and you're considering hearing aids. Or, maybe family members have noticed your hearing isn't what it used to be. Or, maybe you're just curious. If you are struggling to understand, even if it is only in certain noisy situations, it's time to have your hearing tested. The good news: Most hearing loss can be effectively managed with hearing devices.
How is my hearing tested?
It starts with a diagnostic hearing assessment by the Audiologist to determine if your loss may be helped with hearing devices. The results will be discussed with you following the assessment. If you are a pensioner or DVA cardholder you may be eligible for the Australian Government Hearing Services Program and the diagnostic hearing assessment will be free.
What happens after the test?
The Audiologist will discuss the various options with you and together a hearing device will be selected based on your hearing loss, communication needs, lifestyle and personal preferences and the Audiologist will help you through the entire process from assessment and hearing aid fitting to follow-up visits. At the fitting appointment, the Audiologist conducts a real-ear test to measure the match between your hearing loss and the response of your hearing aid. This not only ensures a better fit, but improved satisfaction with hearing aid performance.
At AudioLogic Hearing we provide a range of services and solutions for your hearing needs.
- Hearing Tests for adults and children over 4 years
- Pre-employment, industrial screenings, police and pilot hearing tests
- Hearing aid fittings and adjustments of fully digital hearing aids
- Hearing aid batteries and repairs
- Tinnitus Counselling
- Wax Removal
- Musician and industry custom earplugs
- Custom earplugs for swimming, noise and iPods
- Accredited to provide FREE hearing tests and FREE hearing devices to eligible pensioners, War Veterans/DVA cardholders and successful WorkCover claimants
- TAC registered